Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fender Showman 1966

Fender Blackface Showman 1966
Serial No. A 07348






This is one of two 1966 Fender Showman amps I have. This is the first one of the two that I restored.

It still has all original transformers. The power transformer is multi-voltage which is always a plus factor in these amps.

I used Sprague Atoms for the big Filter caps in the doghouse and for the Bias power supply to ensure safe operation of the amp and to protect the transformers and tubes.

I intentionally kept the original electrolytic cathode bypass caps in the board. I wanted this amp to retain its originality as much as practicable and as safety allows. The only part in the board that was replaced was the Light Dependent Resistor (LDA). This is required for the tremolo to work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you buy these kind of Amps? I have one in working order that I used in a band in the late 60's early 70's.

Romy Concepcion said...

Hi Ron,

Please send me pictures/details at onebrightredstar@gmail.com. Thanks!